Sunday, October 6, 2013

Reading Response for Week 2


Chapter two of, In Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms covered a new type of writing called connective writing.  I never thought about how connective writing using a blog could motivate and push my students’ thinking about various topics.  I introduced a type of connective writing last year using a paper and pencil.  Students in the same book club and would write a response on paper and then it would get passed around to group members.  By the end of the week, students would receive their original paper back with comments from other group members.  I can see how much better using a blog could be.  Students would not have to wait until the end of the week to receive feedback and they could all respond to each other on the same blog.  That is something to consider for my classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment