Sunday, September 15, 2013

The 10 Most Popular Teacher Tools Being Used This Year

I just finished reading the article, The 10 Most Popular Teacher Tools Being Used This Year.  I was surprised to learn that I am familiar with five of them.  Of the five, I have used two in my classroom: YOU-tube and Dropbox.  I have had success with YOUTube.  We began a new math curriculum last year and I found excellent videos to show the students.  I would also send home the link so students could watch and reinforce the skills being learned.  Dropbox was another story... it was complicated for me to have all my students drop documents and retrieve documents using the laptops and desktops.  The challenge also stems from my not always having internet access when I am doing school work.  This year I would like to use google apps (googledocs) with my colleagues.  We do not have much common planning time and I feel this may help us easily share information on projects that we are working on.  The challenge is.... are my colleagues ready for "another new thing"?  I'm hoping to get really familiar with google docs so I can be a resource for them.

1 comment:

  1. We use google docs in our school. It is easy and very accessible for teachers. I understand the challenge of another new thing but I don't think they will find it hard. Instead it may make their lives easier.

    ReplyDelete